Now accepting pre-orders for Star-Made Shadows: Songs for sleeping. Album expected to be completed by the end of October 2017.
All proceeds from the sales of this album will go directly toward bringing our baby home through adoption! As this is a fundraiser, we are not setting a price for the album, allowing people to contribute what they wish to the fundraiser. When the album is released, a code will be sent to those who pre-ordered for a direct download, and those who requested a hard copy will receive one. Thank you for your support and love.
This project began as an idea sometime in 2015, about the time my husband and I started thinking about adoption. Adoption is a costly endeavor, and rather than pursuing traditional routes of fundraising, I wanted to go a more personal route. Originally a set of lullabies, the songs on this album have expanded to include a barcarolle duet, a vocalise, and various night-themed songs.
Lullabies have always held a special place in my heart; both of my parents sang to me nearly every night before bed, and that became a special time of bonding. As I developed into a singer I often dreamt about the songs I would sing to my own children, and the longer we wait for them, the more meaningful that dream of singing to them becomes.
"Star-Made Shadows" brings together 10 tracks including favorite classical lullabies of De Falla, Montsalvatge, Strauss, and Puccini, folk lullabies of America, Russia, & Ireland and soothing songs of night for an eclectic mix of beautiful music. With Brendan Hollins on piano, and a special appearance by mezzo-soprano Cori Auger, this project has truly been a self-made labor of love amongst a small group of very supportive colleagues.
Recorded in Kretschmer Hall at Aquinas College in Grand Rapids, MI. A special thank you to Nate Bliton for recording and engineering the sound, Katie Flermoen for donating the gorgeous album cover art.
There are a few ways to purchase recording and contribute to our adoption fund:
1.) Click "donate" button from a desktop computer
2) Include your contact info at checkout, & specify digital or hard copy
1) If you have a Paypal account, log in at paypal.com
2) Choose to "send money to friends and family" & name your own price
2) Be sure to include your contact info at checkout!
1. Click the "contribute" button to be directed to the fundraiser
2. Name your price at check out. Suggested donation: $25
3. After purchase, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your address so we know how to reach you when the recording is released, and also include whether you prefer digital or hard copy.
4. Subscribe to updates for the latest news on the project and adoption process.